Our Professionals hold a number of professional designations which include the following:
Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®)
Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) professional designation is the industry’s first and only designation that demonstrates knowledge and competency in the area of fiduciary responsibility and communicates a commitment to standards of investment fiduciary excellence. Holders of the AIF® mark have successfully completed a specialized program on investment fiduciary standards and subsequently passed a comprehensive examination.
Accredited Wealth Management AdvisorSM (AWMA®)
The College for Financial Planning awards this designation to wealth management advisors who have successfully completed a comprehensive program of study encompassing wealth management strategies, qualified and non-qualified compensation plans, and tax reduction and asset protection techniques. To earn the certification, in addition to this course of studies, advisors must complete an examination that tests their ability to analyze and synthesize complex theoretical concepts and apply these concepts to real-life client situations.
WVFA Code of Ethics
I know consumers need objective information when they select financial advisors. I also know the critical importance of ethics in my relationships with clients and the critical role I play in the pursuit of their financial goals. I agree to adhere to the following ethical principles:
1. I acknowledge I am an Investment Advisor Representative with a current registration that permits me to provide financial advice for fees.
2. I will achieve a thorough understanding of my clients’ current situations, concerns, needs, and goals before I provide any financial advice or services.
3. I will serve my clients with integrity, competence, independence, objectivity, and professionalism.
4. I will only provide advice and services when I possess the necessary knowledge to provide expert advice and quality services.
5. I will provide investment advice that is suitable in regard to my clients’ return objectives and tolerances for risk.
6. I will maintain the confidential nature of all client information and take reasonable steps to prevent access to the information by unauthorized people.
7. I will provide open-architected financial strategies that give my clients a broad range of investment choices not limited to any particular company or group of products.
8. I will avoid potential conflicts of interest that impact the risk exposure, performance, or expenses of my clients’ assets.
9. I will be in compliance with all regulatory and statutory requirements that impact the delivery of my planning or investment services.
10. I will answer all client requests for information or resolution of problems in a timely, complete, and truthful manner.
11. I will have an agreement in place with clients in regard to the basis and amount of my compensation before any advice or services are rendered.
12. I will provide full disclosure for all sources of compensation that result from my advice and services.
13. I will not accept additional amounts of compensation or other benefits from third parties for my advice or services to clients without my clients’ knowledge in advance.